Here is where I will recount my stories from working at a pet clinic. There are many funny and sad stories to be shared. I will also obsess over my dog, Otis. I have a rare disease called Mastocytosis that might be fun to talk about too! I might touch on school or my upcoming wedding, but mainly dog stuff.

Monday, June 27, 2005

Jerky owners

I have not been to work since last Thursday due to too much school activity. Working at a pet clinic you see a lot of different kinds of people. Some people will take out a second mortgage on their home and work another job in order to get the chemotherapy their pet needs. There is no guarantee that the pet will beat the cancer, but they try. Others will have an animal go blind in his old age and decide that it's time to put the dog to sleep. This dog can be eating, drinking, playing but because it can't see and is causing an inconvenience to these owners, they decide that the dog's time is up.

My favorites are those that come in with a pet store puppy and are surprised when the puppy becomes ill. Most pet store pups come from puppy mills. These people put a blind eye to that. They don't care how much the animals in puppy mills are suffering, these people just want the latest dog.

 
web tracking stats
Online Sony Store