Here is where I will recount my stories from working at a pet clinic. There are many funny and sad stories to be shared. I will also obsess over my dog, Otis. I have a rare disease called Mastocytosis that might be fun to talk about too! I might touch on school or my upcoming wedding, but mainly dog stuff.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Procrastination continues

It's happening again. I'm sitting here at the computer mindlessly searching the internet when I'm supposed to be doing homework. I have finals next week and two major projects and papers due. One is on welfare reform and what happens to the people that leave welfare. A five page paper and a power-point presentation that I haven't even started working on. This is why I started a blog, it's another great way to proscrastinate.

I just finished listening to the book, "Ten Thousand Sorrows," by Elizabeth Kim. It was amazing. It's her true story of witnessing her Korean mother's "honor killing," her experience in an orphanage, being adopted by Christian fundamentalists and brought to America and later her marriage to an abusive husband. I absolutely, confidently recommend this book to anyone that enjoys reading and doesn't mind feeling uncomfortable hearing about human suffering.

It's time to smoke, then eat, then watch HGTV, then pet my dog, then check my e-mail, then cut my toe-nails, then fall asleep while attempting to finally start reading through research articles. So much for my big night of studying and working...

1 Comments:

Blogger immixmarketer said...

You sound just like me a few years ago. Where do you go to school? When you mentioned the smoking and watching HGTV, what type of smoking, and also, do you find yourself hitting the jump button to switch back and forth from HGTV and the Food Network?

12:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
web tracking stats
Online Sony Store